I Can Do It Myself! Or Can I?
I used to think I could do everything myself. I am a fast learner and did well in school, so I am confident in my ability to learn. I thought being successful meant you could do it all yourself. We are taught to be independent and to go after what we want. Here’s a secret I learned: Successful people have a lot of support! Successful people have mentors, coaches, employees, colleagues, and successful friends to go to when they need an answer. Successful people know that it is so much faster to ask someone who already has or does what they want how to do it than to try to figure it out themselves.
Are any of these things true for you? You:
- Try to read, watch videos, or research how to do everything on your own
- Pretend you know everything so you don’t look stupid or make people think you don’t know what you’re doing
- Rarely ask questions or try to learn from people around you
- Aren’t where you want to be, but you don’t know why
- Feel like you are working so hard but not getting results
- Are often frustrated
- Looking everywhere for the answer to your problems, except directly asking the people who could actually help you
- Spend hours every day learning new things but not actually taking action
- Start new programs, books, etc. that will help you get where you want but don’t always finish
- Feel like a failure because you just can’t do it on your own
That used to be me. I finally learned that successful people are successful because they surround themselves with other successful people, ask experts to guide them and answer questions when they have them, know who to listen to and who not to, and try to learn from everyone they talk to. It has made all the difference in the world! I feel so supported now. My coaches help me when I’m stuck and my accountability partner keeps me on track. When I’m going off my path, my coaches help me get back on quickly so I’m not falling too far behind. It’s amazing. If you had asked me a year ago if I needed a coach, I would have said, “no way!” Now I can’t imagine my life without them.
However, sometimes you simply don’t have the money to afford coaching and can’t find a mentor (although I feel like there are ways around this, whatever you can do to find a coach or mentor, do it). If this is you, I recommend grabbing the Unstoppable Confidence Formula. It has the action steps that I learned from my mentors and books I’ve read. If you follow the steps in the formula you will change your life.