How To Meditate- Start Meditating
Meditation is one of the things that really helped me get out of my depression. How to be confident? Meditation can help. A lot of people have misconceptions and judgments about meditation and what it is. People almost seemed scared of it.
Meditation is simply turning your awareness from outside yourself to inside yourself. It is sitting quietly and listening to your breathing and heartbeat. It is taking time to understand yourself, your body, and your feelings. This can be an uncomfortable thought for some people.
If you are one of those people who think meditation just isn’t for them, I dare you to try it. Even if it is for just 5 minutes a day.
Here are a few simple ways to start meditating:
Find a comfortable chair or place to sit. Make sure your phone is turned to silent and try to limit distractions. Turn off the tv and find a place to be alone. Try to focus on positive thoughts… how good the new air feels coming into your body, how strong your heartbeat is and how it helps the blood flow, any good things in your life, etc.
- Take a candle and light it. Place it in front of you where you can see it. Look at the candle and watch how it flickers and dances. While you do this, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Breathe naturally. Thoughts may run through your mind. Let that be ok. Try not to hold onto them. Let your thoughts be like clouds floating by. Focus on the candle, your breath, and your heartbeat. Do this for as long as you can. If you feel uncomfortable or silly, ask yourself why and listen to the answer.
- Make yourself a warm cup of tea. With each sip, smell the tea, swirl it on your tongue and really taste each mouthful, feel it go down your throat and warm your body. Focus on the wonderful taste, smell, feeling in your body, the way it looks in the cup, etc. Feel it calming you more and more with each sip.
- Repeat a saying or “mantra” over and over in your mind as you sit and breathe. It can be as simple as “I am sitting quietly and calmly” or “I am relaxed” or “I feel at peace”. Repeat your mantra over and over as you breathe in and out.
- If you want to really get into meditation it might be easier if you use a guided program. I started meditating with a program called Holosync. I liked that you could listen to the music and could think anything you wanted because the music is what connected your mind and put you in the meditative state. It felt like a cheat code. The program really made a difference in my life. I had breakthrough after breakthrough, realizations, and healing by following the program. It is a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion. They offer a free demo… to get one go to: www.Centerpointe.com
- Look for a local guided meditation class. In my city of San Diego there are a lot of meditation centers and people who teach guided meditation. Some of them are even free. The coolest ones in my opinion are the ones that use the singing healing crystal bowls.
- Do a web search for guided meditation. You’ll find a bunch of resources to help you get started. Deepak Chopra does a free 21 day guided meditation a few times a year, as well.
Hopefully this will help inspire you to try meditation. If you want to know how to be confident then try it for your self-improvement and self confident. You will be amazed. Getting started may be strange to you at first. I never thought I would be meditating, that’s for sure. Now I can’t imagine not meditating. You would be surprised at how many people actually do it. Oprah, Dr Oz, Jet Li, Madonna, Clint Eastwood, Albert Einstein, George Lucas, and many more practice meditation. It will calm and focus you and help you become aware of your needs and desires.
If you have any questions about meditation, please feel free to ask. Meditation is one of the ways you can become the love that you’ve been searching for. If you want the rest of the ways, grab the Game of Love and start taking action.